Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Holy crap, what a day
Yes, I finally finished it. A seven hour continuing education seminar on Respiratory management of the newborn. I do have to send out many thanks to Tom, Barb, Caren, Richard and Michelle for helping this to happen. And happen it did. At first it started well, up until tis morning when I tallied my prospectable attendees. The total had hit 30 people. I had room for 26. This was a small deal. Line the walls with a few chairs and we are good to go. Then, as Tom and I are off to retrieve a projector, we run across some friendly and exciting people of the hospital. Joint Commission. Yep, JCAHO had shown up for a visit. As I arrived in my department, Caren, my bass, informs me that by no means am I to exceed the person limit while they are here. Decision time. To chop 4 people. This would not be fun. Prior to this I heard verbal interest from more than five facilities. This was not going to be easy. Stress level starting to climb. Just as Caren leaves for a meeting, Tom receives a phone call from education. Joint commission has just taken over our conference room. Yup, big brown river, lots of rapids and not a paddle in sight. What do we do now. Tom finds that the third floor conference room is open until 1 in the afternoon due to an hour meeting. We start out to find the person holding the meeting. God bless Judy along with some knee work from Tom and I and, tada, we have the room for the day. Stress level , eased. Now a small problem from earlier arises. 30 prospectable attendees and now my room fits only 20. This idea sucks. What did I do? What else, got lots of chairs and hoped not everyone would show. I ended up with 21. Perfect. And had excellent reviews from one and all. My reputation remains in tact. This rocked. Now the start of something annual. Got to love it when a plan comes together. I do believe it is beer thirty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratulations my friend! Improvisational flexibility is a much needed and lauded skill in the world of facilitation. Salud!
Thank you kind sir
Post a Comment