Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Check Please.........Its time to go.

Have you ever sat in front of a washing machine at the laundry mat and watched spin. Yea, I know you know what I'm talking about. Sipping on a soda while your mom folded the clothes behind you on a table and your little brother was running around. This would be how I feel tonight . Try to close my eyes and the room is still spinning. And not in a beneficial way. I only wish I could say it is because of a woman. Alas, this is not the case. Let me take a step or two back for you. Now last week it was confirmed that I was going to be out shopping for a new guitarist. To find a replacement for Scott, not likely, but a search for a new musician to follow through with a project that had earned most of its bumps and bruises. Yesterday afternoon, as I am almost at my practice place, I receive a call from my singer. Now switch into your best Christopher Walken imitation " Yeah, I uh, have to make a serious change in the way I dedicate my time to things. Like working on my work stuff, and less harder on my music, stuff. ya know. So I don't think me as your lead singer is such a good thing right now. See. " So as I now find myself with one, no guitarist and now two, no singer, whats left? Its easy, a coffee house duet starring Fozzie Bear on tambourine and Steven Segal on flat top. But after a few indecent proposals on Backpage, Fozzie and I proceeded to an open jam night at a new bar in town. The Studio. The short of it...we rock and I can hold my own not only on bass but guitar also. Leads included. Fozzie played his ass off. We met some great new people. It was a good night. On to today. Made and received calls about bands needing a bass player. Not and a drummer or lead singer but just a bass player. So, I did go out to "audition". They are a group of talented musicians. But. They have this "rock"ish sound they are looking for. Then I heard one of their originals. Lets just say that Ronnie James Dio had called and said that he wanted his song back.
There is potential though. I will ride this for a bit and see what happens. No promises. I still have Fozzie I want to work with. Now he is a fantastic drummer.

So, now as I sit back and watch the washer spin ,I wonder how this might all play into the grand scheme of things.

No comments: